Blogs > In The Room with Anthony SanFilippo

Daily Times beat writer Anthony J. SanFilippo takes you inside the locker rooms of the Philadelphia Flyers and the rest of the NHL.

Friday, March 21, 2008

A new Blog.....

O.K., so it's been a while since I posted on here.

More than a two months in fact.

But, in the interest of brutal honesty, let me explain why.

I was a bit concerned about blogging for the Daily Times. Not that I'm not on board with the way things are changing in our industry, where blogging and Internet reporting are far more important than our print product.

No, I'm in favor of that, and have championed it for a long time.

But, my concern was more internal. I was worried that things weren't being handled properly as far as the Web site was concerned, so I kind of turned a blind eye on the blog.

I mean, why would I put the time and effort into a blog, if no one was going to be able to find it to read it?

But, the powers that be at my newspaper have come through in spades, and there is definitely a change in the way things are going on the Web site. It is improving, and I must admit, at a much faster rate than I thought it was going to.

Now, blogs can be accessed off the Sports home page. If people want to check in on our opinions, they don't have to use a shovel to unearth the links to the blogs. It's a good thing.

Not only that, stories are staying on our web site a lot longer and are being accessed by more and more people.

So now, those of us writing blogs are reaching an audience, whereas before, we were writing for ourselves.

And there promises to be even more improvements to the site as we move forward that have me excited, and you should be too.

So, feel free to check back on this blog as often as you'd like.

I can promise I'll have a pre-game post to the Flyers-Rangers game tonight. A bit of a running blog during the game, and some post-game reaction as well.

Be sure to tune in, because I can promise you, no one else in this area will bring you "in the room" as much as I do.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to communicating with you again tonight.

Best,

Anthony

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God you're finally blogging Ant.

I used to read you on hockey buzz and I miss your wit and sarcasm about all things hockey.

I'm looking forward to this blog on a daily basis.

March 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home