Blogs > In The Room with Anthony SanFilippo

Daily Times beat writer Anthony J. SanFilippo takes you inside the locker rooms of the Philadelphia Flyers and the rest of the NHL.

Friday, March 27, 2009

WHO'S IN YOUR FIVE?

Someone asked me today who I thought the Flyers most important five players were for the next five seasons.

It was a tough question, but after some thought, here's the list I came up with:

1. Kimmo Timonen
2. Claude Giroux
3. Mike Richards
4. Ryan Parent
5. Jeff Carter

Braydon Coburn would be a close sixth.

So, do I have it right? Is my order wrong? Did I miss someone? Feel free to comment below and we can chat about it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Vince Blando said...

Anthony,

Richards, Carter and Parent are givens, but I think you have to give Coburn and Hartnell some consideration. I can't fault you for Giroux, but how much of a role will Timonen play over the next 5 years? Coburn is much more critical to the long-term success of the team.

March 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM 
Blogger JulieML24 said...

I agree with Richards, Carter and Parent. I think that Hartnell deserves to get a nod on my list too. But, as long as we're keeping him, and I'm pretty sure at this point we are, Biron needs to be added at the #5 spot on my list. Let's face it, when our goalies aren't spot on, we don't win, so I think that he needs to be on there as a key important player.

March 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM 
Anonymous Isofachild said...

Richards, Carter, Parent, Giroux are current players that I feel will be a BIG part of the next five years. I'd like to add Sbisa to my 5. His outstanding play for his age in his stint here this year leads me to believe he will be an integral part of the defense in the coming 5 years.

March 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1.Richards
2.Carter
3.Giroux
4.who ever is gonna be the starting goalie
5.Parent/Coburn
Richards is the captian and he provides so much for the team offensivly, defensivly and in toughness, carter=40 goals for the next couple seasons, giroux is gonna be great, like richards, and they really need to get an everyday goalie who they can depend on, then who ever steps up to play on the first defensive pairing with timmonen

March 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM 
Blogger Simon said...

In order:

Richards
Coby (Timonen will pass the torch)
Giroux
Carter
Parent

March 30, 2009 at 9:27 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home